Friday, September 30, 2016

'Matlida', 'Doubtfire' Star Mara Wilson Pens Child Stardom Book

By: Jason Fraley


This article was about Mara Wilson, who some may know her as Matilda. She recently wrote a memoir called "Where Am I Now? True Stories of Girlhood and Accidental Fame"


This particular article caught my eye because I do love the movie Matilda, and I haven't heard anything about Mara since. So I thought this article would be interesting to read about.


Which it was, because I learned a few things about her that I didn't know. She mentioned that the actors who played her mother, father, and teacher, were all nice to her and felt like family, especially due to her mother being sick. It was really cool to know, Pam Farris, who played Miss Trunchbull, was one of the kindest, nicest, gentlest people she had ever met. So if you've seen the movie before, you should understand where I'm coming from!


I also learned that she had to grow up fast because of her mother's sickness. Her mother passed before the movie released. It affected her acting because she didn't think it was fun anymore. She had a love/hate relationship for it because she felt she needed it but just wasn't feeling it anymore.


Eventually she came to realize she didn't fit Hollywood's standards because she wasn't "cute enough" anymore. So since then, she graduated from Idyllwild School of Music & Arts in 2005 and will be graduating from New York University's Tisch school of the arts.


I feel the author used a little of enlightenment and emotion. I think enlightenment was used by sharing cool and interesting facts throughout the article about her, the movies she was in, and even the actors she worked with. I think emotion was used because it was sad to know about her mother and how that and Hollywood are the reasons why she isn't really acting anymore. But it wasn't all sad, I got happiness out of it too. Despite of her struggles, she seems to be doing well with her life and doing things she really enjoys.




To check out this article visit: http://wtop.com/entertainment/2016/09/matilda-doubtfire-star-mara-wilson-pens-child-stardom-book/slide/1/


To keep up with Mara Wilson, visit her blog: http://marawilsonwritesstuff.com/



Image result for mara wilson then and now

No comments:

Post a Comment