Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Willis Family, A Reality Clan's Shocking Scandal

By: Emily Strohm with additional reporting by Jeff Truesdell

Apparently the Willis family is a close knit, religion based family that performs together in a country band called The Willis Clan. The mother, Brenda and her husband, Toby, have 12 children together.

As a band, they performed for America's Got Talent in 2014 and landed a TV show about their lives on TLC.

On Sept. 9, their world came crashing down. The father, Toby Willis, 46, "Was arrested for child rape. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the charges stem from an alleged sexual encounter with an underage girl between the ages of 3 and 13 in Nashville 12 years ago.

I think the author used Emotion for this article. Reading this article made me feel bad for the family and disappointed in the father. I felt bad because they have so many children and they're a close family. So for the father to get accused for "child rape" and the ages of their kids range from 5 to 24...I think that makes the situation worse. I can't even imagine how the family feels. I've never watched their show but I'm pretty sure if they were a relatable family to their audience/fans, people are probably extremely sad for them.

I just hope for the best for the family. I hope they keep each other strong and continue to live their lives like they were before it happened.


If you would like to check out this article:
People Magazine
V. 36 No. 13
September 26, 2016
Pages 23 & 24

No comments:

Post a Comment